[mapguide-internals] Installer for 2.2 ready for branching?

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 09:01:25 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I was wondering if there were any issues with the installer for the 2.2
betas/RC and if none, if the installer is ready for branching?

I have several installer changes in the pipeline:

 - Rewritten custom actions (primarily Apache) free of MFC/ATL and using
only standard windows and C++ libraries
 - Scrapping the VS bootstrapper and integrating VC redist
detection/installation logic straight into the NSIS-generated executable
itself.
 - Control msiexec from within the NSIS-generated executable including
cleaning itself up after installation (ie. no more 500mb MSIs lying in
%TEMP% after installation)
 - Build system changes to allow the entire installer stack to be buildable
with Wix/NSIS/Windows SDK/VC Express (all free tools)

These set of changes seem rather disruptive given the (close?) release of
MGOS 2.2 hence my query of whether the installer is ready for branching.