[mapguide-internals] Image size limitation in RenderingService

Arthur Liu arthur.liu at autodesk.com
Wed Sep 15 08:34:26 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I met a problem when trying to get a map image with size 2048x2048. The image quality drops significantly compare to 2048x2047.
That happens only in Raster provider and WMS provider,  vector data sources doesn't have this kind of problem.

I found following code in rendering service

RasterAdapter::Stylize()
{
    while (imgW >= 2048 || imgH >= 2048)
    {
        imgW >>= 1;
        imgH >>= 1;
    }
}
The map image can be gennerated sucessfully if I comment out the code.

Does there anyone know why there's a limitation of the map image? Is there any solution or workaround to get a large size map image?

Regards,
Arthur