[mapguide-internals] Re: Review RFC 120 - Add new command MapTip to enable/disable the map tooltip in web layout

Buddy Hu Buddy.Hu at autodesk.com
Wed Aug 24 02:07:39 EDT 2011

Jackie,

Currently, AJAX viewer has the ability to display same icon with different style for different state by setting different CSS. The "Pan"/"Select" buttons are examples.
This MapTip button looks like a toggle button.
I don't know whether the end-users need tooltips when pan/zoom/measure, although in my opinion tooltips are unnecessary when pan/zoom/measure. And for different end-users, they have different opinions.
This command will provide an opportunity for the  end-users disable/enable tooltips as they like, instead of remove the tooltips.

And for Fusion, I have made a similar functionality already.

Thanks for your comments.
Buddy