[mapguide-internals] additional http methods to support Ajax clients RFC

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 04:43:04 EST 2011

I'd like to put together a RFC of improvements for supporting
javascript clients
without using the API, only via HTTP

before putting the RFC together, I would like to know what people feel is needed

my goal is a extension to the openlayers mapguide support to allow
near automatic
registration of a mapguide layer with simply server, map name and if
required credentials

So I propose a new http method which returns a json/xml set of parameters
which are required to initialise a map

to initialise a mapguide layer with openlayers the following

extents
min scale/ max scale / fixed scales
tiled / untiled
metersPerUnit
projection
tilesize

is this information cached as these requests might hit the server often?

if this information was written into the tile cache as a json file, it would
be great for supporting static tile caches

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
http://www.ennoble.com.au