[mapguide-internals] Re: RFC 113 - Support Path Scaling In Symbol Definition is ready for review

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 23:54:52 EDT 2011

Well let's use Maestro as an example.

Maestro uses the [major].[minor] component of the Site version returned by
the MapGuide as a way of determining what it is the set of resources (and
their schema versions) is safe to work with.

Introducing this for the 2.3 OS version (which I assume returns 2.3 as the
site version) and AIMS 2013 (which I assume will be > 2.3 in terms of site
version) throws a monkey wrench into client applications that use this kind
of version checking logic.

Not to mention that there is no solid time-frames currently for when 2.3 is
going to be released, and without solid community funding for build
infrastructure (still a major problem), we cannot expect OS releases to
consistently be in sync with the commercial ones.

Hence my concern about the milestone. Push the proposed milestone to 2.4 and
this is not an issue.