[mapguide-internals] RFC 111 - Deploy Viewer Code with Subversion Attributes

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Thu Mar 24 12:30:59 EDT 2011

On 23 March 2011 22:56, Zac Spitzer wrote:

> ideally, to make hacking easier(tm), we could modify the fusion build
> process to do
> an in place build, instead of outputting it all to a new directory

Oh, please don't do that.  I hate in-place builds (pet peeve with MapGuide
in general).  Nothing like having a cluttered source tree...

Maybe it would be better to distribute a separate fusion_source directory
(with .svn) that could build into the fusion directory (or be renamed or
referenced from the templates if you just want to hack on non-compiled code)
and make it an optional feature in the installer.

I personally do my Fusion builds from a separate direct check-out of Fusion
and have modified my compile process to copy the results to my test server.
 Every new "version" gets a new folder name so I don't have to worry about
browser caching and can set aggressive caching policies on the fusion
directory in production.