[mapguide-internals] RFC 111 - Deploy Viewer Code with Subversion Attributes

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Thu Mar 24 16:05:04 EDT 2011

Another potential option would be to zip up an "svn checkout" of the Fusion and AJAX trees for each build and post them with the installer binaries.  We would also need to add some "deploy" scripts so that the checked out and ant-build-by-hacker trees could be copied to a web server.  We'd have to test this out.  Subversion might be picky about the fully qualified path names.

If we really want in place editing, it may be possible to replicate the "Web" directory structure in the zip with a series of svn checkout commands.

I would prefer not to have .svn directories in an installed build if possible.  And it would be good to make Fusion and AJAX tinkering more accessible to the community.