[mapguide-internals] Mapguide roadmap

Ivan Miličević Ivan.Milicevic at supranet.hr
Fri May 27 08:17:24 EDT 2011

Hello,

I don't know for the rest of the community but I'm a little bit concerned because the future of mapguide looks uncertain.

On the trac page there is no future milestones, future features, RFC's.. Our solutions are based on Mapguide and market (and customers) demands for more, faster and better. I don't have feeling that Mapguide is going to be a platform for the future. There is no discussion about implementing a new and sexy HTML5 features, speeding up map rendering, user interaction, building new GIS tools...

Maybe I've got everything wrong but this is opinion based on lurking and watching internals discussions and following Trac timeline.

I think that PSC should present a bigger picture to the developers and people who is using Mapguide as a core of their products.

Ivan Miličević
R&D manager

SUPRA NET d.o.o.
Majstorska 5, 10000 Zagreb