[mapguide-internals] Timelines for 2.4 release

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Wed Oct 12 13:05:16 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

It seems as though most of the list is working on MapGuide 2.4 items with less interest in a 2.2 patch.

Should we pencil in a test/beta/RC/release timeline for 2.4?  I've noticed that Autodesk has not branched their sandbox for 2.4 yet.  Releasing early test/beta builds for open source 2.4 could be a good way to get early feedback from the community.

We should also set a feature freeze date for 2.4.  I have received a number of requests for new features and it would be good to know the cut off dates for prioritization and scheduling purposes.