[mapguide-internals] WMS: OgcWmsService.config.awd is not reparsed until httpd restart

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 08:27:20 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm using Mapguide 2.4 with apache and php under centos.

I've modified OgcWmsService.config.awd a couple of times to specify
the correct ServerName, Title and so on.
The first time by mistake I wrote the wrong IP, let's say "a.b.c.d".
After a while I corrected the IP in, let's say, "x.y.z.t".
Always without restarting apache, but restarting Mapguide.

Querying GetCapabilities multiple times (for instance keep pressing
the F5 key) in a browser the GetMap URL sometimes says

localhost:8008 (the default URL, in the stock file)

some other times

a.b.c.d:8008 (the wrong URL, that was saved once in the file and then
overwritten)

and some other times

x.y.z.t:8008 (the correct URL, saved in the current version of the file)

confusing a lot WMS client and leading to very different outcome for my tests.

In particular I suppose that different threads read different cached
version of the file, very puzzling.
Restarting apache solves the problem.

Where is the information cached?

Regards,