[mapguide-internals] WFS performance problem

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 08:31:49 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I've tried to setup a layer from a PostGIS database to be served via WFS.
I'm on Mapguide 2.4 on centos and I'm using PostgreSQL/Postgis FDO provider.

Performances are sufficient when I use a map, but are horrible when
Mapguide acts as WFS server.

Database is well configured and fast enough. In particular other WFS
server are able to serve the 20k elements in 5-7 sec, while with
mapguide I cannot recover the first 1000 feature in a minutes.

Is there any performance hints to be applied or is WFS server feature
not yet ready?

Regards,

Gabriele Monfardini