[mapguide-internals] Re: Upgrade to VC10 and GDAL 1.9

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Thu Feb 2 09:36:08 EST 2012

Hi Jackie,

We have to move to VC10 for the MapGuide Server in order to use official FDO binaries.  FDO is not planning to release VC9 binaries.  We could keep the web tier on VC9.  This will make the build more complicated.  It looks as though PHP has not moved to VC10 anyway so this might be appropriate.

We may be able to integrate the msi work done Anindya by instead of building Apache and PHP ourselves http://www.anindya.com/2011/09.  Doing complete binaries for the entire Oem tree seems counter-productive (and hard).

As a fallback position, we could build a VC9 version of FDO for MapGuide and stay on VC9.  This makes it more difficult to integrate FDO service packs (ie. we have to do it, instead of clients just dropping in new FDO bins).

I am surprised that Autodesk has not raised this issue anywhere.  I figured they would have run across it as part of the RFC 121 work.