[mapguide-internals] Re: Upgrade to VC10 and GDAL 1.9

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:03:55 EST 2012

Ok another update,

I decided to give the binaries under Oem\php another look.

Doing a depends.exe scan of every compiled binary under Oem\php, it seems we
only need to to compile the following libs for VS2010:

 - ICU (4.6 for x86, 4.8 for x64)
 - OpenSSL
 - PostgreSQL (for functional PHP extensions)
 - gettext
 - Oracle instant client (for functional PHP extensions). Probably can't
bundle due to licensing.
 - Enchant (for functional PHP extension)
 - Interbase client (for functional PHP extensions). Need to check licensing
if redistribution is possible

The problematic libs in question in my previous post have already been
statically linked into the dlls that need it. So there is no need to compile
them (yay!)

Most, if not all of the above libs I am confident of building for VS2010.
These libs when combined with the existing binaries under Oem\php gives us
something that resembles the official PHP windows binary distribution.