[mapguide-internals] Re: Upgrade to VC10 and GDAL 1.9

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 11:34:27 EST 2012

Got a question for the C++ experts (I humbly admit that I am not one :-) ).

dll compatibility problems concerning compiler version only come into play
if dlls are exporting C++ classes and functions right?

Since Apache modules and PHP extensions do everything through C interfaces,
the compiler used to build them shouldn't really matter. So in that case, we
should just be able to use the VC9 Apache/PHP web tier components with a
VC10 server right?