[mapguide-internals] RFC111 is complete, with some caveats
jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 06:06:33 EST 2012
I've updated the RFC111 with some extra notes concerning the build
infrastructure (mostly applies for Trevor):
1. The machine that builds the installer must use Subversion 1.6 or older.
The reason is that SVN 1.7 introduces major changes to how working copy
metadata is stored. Building an installer that packs 1.7 svn metadata will
actually pack no metadata because that is all now centralised in the root of
the SVN working copy. Building an installer that packs 1.6 svn metadata will
work for SVN 1.6 and older. For SVN 1.7, users can do a svn upgrade of the
affected directories, which is a one-off manual step.
2. The machine that builds the installer must build from an actual svn
working copy and not a svn export copy. This goes without saying, as an
export copy contains no svn metadata to pack into the final installer.
3. There is a new build_fusion.bat in the root of MgDev. This does the
- Copies the 5 fusion templates from Oem\fusionMG into Oem\fusion_build
- ant build and deploy Oem\fusion into Oem\fusion_build
Oem\fusion_build is the directory that gets packed into the final
installer (with svn metadata). The build scripts do not auto-commit changes,
so commits for this directory has to be done manually, or as part of an
official release build
4. The installer size has unfortunately inflated by another 100mb to 220mb
:( Can't do much about that. Guess svn metadata doesn't compress well.
View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/RFC111-is-complete-with-some-caveats-tp7175806p7175806.html
Sent from the MapGuide Internals mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the mapguide-internals