[mapguide-internals] Blocking issue in Mapguide 2.4

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 05:37:36 PST 2013

Exceptions are only thrown if useTransaction = true or you pass in a valid
MgTransaction

Otherwise, they are caught internally and their messages serialized into
MgStringProperty values as part of the returning MgPropertyCollection, such
properties indicate that the command at that same position had failed and
here's the error message indicating why.

This API behaviour contract was already in place pre-2.4 (it has always been
putting MgStringProperty values into the MgPropertyCollection for
non-transactional command failures, it always throws on transactional
command failures), but the API documentation on this method failed to
mention this very important fact until 2.4.

My changes to fix #649 was to "peek" at the MgPropertyCollection and log the
operation as a whole as a failure if we find at least one MgStringProperty
in there. Currently only the first failure is logged.

Something is wrong if an MgFdoException is being thrown if useTransaction =
false or a null MgTransaction is passed in.