[mapguide-internals] Blocking issue in Mapguide 2.4

Bruno Scott bscott at geomapgis.com
Fri Feb 22 05:05:06 PST 2013

I have a doubt on the resolution of this as it affect the behavior of the
API.
previously UpdateFeature didnt throws on Database Error. So Consumer API
were verifing the result of the UpdateFeatures so see if there were Database
errors. Now existing codethat were checking error this way won't work
anymore as the API throws exception.
Existing code is easy to modify with a specific MgException catch.
I don't like forcing users to change there code...

So back to basics.

To get database error on the Mapguide error Log we have to throw exception.
To get database error on the result we need to not throw the exception.

2 solutions
  We change the behavior and keep the logfile
  We forget about loggingand keep the normal behavior.

What do you think?

Bruno Scott