[mapguide-internals] Patch for ticket 2379 (GETMAPLEGENDIMAGE does not handle ShowInLegend style setting and multi-style scale ranges properly)

Walt Welton-Lair walt.welton-lair at autodesk.com
Thu Nov 14 07:27:27 PST 2013

Hi Jackie,

Two things I noticed:

1/ Imagine you have a FeatureTypeStyleCollection with a themed PointTypeStyle and an unthemed CompositeTypeStyle.  The peek-ahead code gives the CompositeTypeStyle precedence, so nTotalRules is 1 and we just render the unthemed CompositeTypeStyle.  Now change it so you have a themed PointTypeStyle and a themed CompositeTypeStyle.  We have nTotalRules > 1, so we enter the 'layer is themed' section.  It iterates over the FeatureTypeStyleCollection and renders all rules for ALL FeatureTypeStyles.  So in the first example the legend reflects that the CompositeTypeStyle has precedence, but in the second example it doesn't.  Should it?

2/ There's a check for y < bottomLimit inside the Rule loop.  If true we break out of the loop, and then continue processing the next FeatureTypeStyle.  The y < bottomLimit check will be hit again, so no more rendering happens (as required).  We could add another y < bottomLimit check after the Rule loop and immediately break out of the FeatureTypeStyle loop.

Walt