[mapguide-internals] What MapGuide does during database schema discovery?

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 04:56:33 PDT 2014

Hi Zac,

> surely the native FDO provider is going to perform far better than OGR?

from my stress tests, the performance is similar and acceptable for both.

I had some problems with native FDO PostgreSQL/PostGIS provider in a map
with custom simbols (I'm currently trying to produce a useful test case to
file a possible bug).

A minor "problem" is also to change the name of schema and table in each
layer that use the provider, which is annoying if you have several hundreds
of layers.

BTW, do you think that changing provider will change schema discovery
strategy?

Regards,

Gabriele