[mapguide-trac] #808: Many WMS requests to a MapGuide server causes Out of Memory and bad allocation errors

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 27 21:34:36 EST 2009

#808: Many WMS requests to a MapGuide server causes Out of Memory and bad
allocation errors
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stevedang          |         Owner:  stevedang
     Type:  defect             |        Status:  closed
Changes (by tomfukushima):

  * summary:  Repeated Zooming in/out  to extents and Resample Raster puts
              MG server in  Out of Memory state. => Many WMS
              requests to a MapGuide server causes Out of
              Memory and bad allocation errors

Old description:

> Connect to MG WMS service using third party tool Gaia2. After adding one
> raster and one vector layer to a map, perform few zoom-in/out operations
> and MG server generates the error: "Out of memory, bad allocation".

New description:

 Connect to MG WMS service using third party tool Gaia2. After adding one
 raster and one vector layer to a map, perform few zoom-in/out operations
 and MG server generates the error: "Out of memory, bad allocation".

 This occurs frequently when the repository has a lot of resources; we had
 around 2000 in ours.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/808#comment:4>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>