[Mapguide-trac] [mapguide-trac] #2521: Improve the .net SWIG generated PINVOKE code for better ASP.net vNext support

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Wed Jan 14 06:53:17 PST 2015

#2521: Improve the .net SWIG generated PINVOKE code for better ASP.net vNext
support
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  jng      |       Owner:  jng
       Type:  task     |      Status:  new
  Component:  Web API  |     Version:
   Severity:  trivial  |    Keywords:
External_id:           |
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Description changed by jng:

Old description:

> A cursory play-through of the current ASP.net vNext (5.0) bits suggests
> that it is possible to have the .net MapGuide API working on this new
> platform provided a few tweaks are made to the existing SWIG generated
> code.
>
> To open the possibility of ASP.net vNext Core CLR support for the .net
> MapGuide API wrapper, we should tweak the SWIG-generated PINVOKE code as
> follows:
>
>  * Use generic Dictionary instead of Hashtable for class maps
>  * {{{#if}}} guard .net type resolution code when throwing a .net
> exception or creating a .net proxy
>  * Stub various classes and namespaces that are not supported in the
> ASP.net vNext profile. {{{#if}}} guard these stubs so they are skipped
> over when targeting the regular .net Framework.
>  * Add {{{project.json}}} files to the DotNetApi component directories to
> allow easy building of aspnetcore50 targeted assemblies via {{{kpm
> build}}}

New description:

[...]

 This is a forward-looking measure. Actual ASP.net 5.0 support is not in
 the plans for the 3.0 release.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2521#comment:1>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>
MapGuide Open Source Internals