[mapguide-users] New Make Package tool is great

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sat Apr 8 15:10:04 EDT 2006

I agree, combined with the ability to specify external resources, this feature makes it a lot easier to manage MapGuide sites.

In the spirit of my kids (never happy with what they've got) I'd like to bounce an idea off the list:

- It would be useful to be able to load packages into a user-specified branch of the repository, rather than at the root.  For instance, I could set up a Library://Original/ and then load the Sheboygan package into that, so it would look like Library://Original/Samples/Sheboygan

- As a complementary function, when making a package it would be useful to have an option to "truncate tree" to a user-specified root.  For instance, if exporting Library://Samples/Sheboygan, the package could be made as Library://Sheboygan.

Thoughts?  I don't imagine that this would be an easy change, but I think there would be considerable value.

Jason