Mapguide Web Studio

Michael Pond michael at infomine.com
Tue Aug 1 11:59:32 EDT 2006

Hello Mapguide users,

I successfully set up mapguide ver. 1.0.0 , and used a few of the basic
sample data sets etc.

Today, I updated to the ver. 1.0.1 , and have begun to look at my sample
data projects. I am also interested in the Mapguide Web Studio component as
mentioned in the release notes: (a small portion copied here)

*************************

MapGuide Open Source 1.0.1 Release Notes The MapGuide team is proud to
announce the release of MapGuide Open Source 1.0.1. This release contains a
significant number of bug fixes. All MapGuide Open Source 1.0.0 users are
encouraged to upgrade to this release. This release is fully compatible with
resources created using the MapGuide Open Source 1.0.0 release. If you
uninstall the 1.0.0 release and then install this one in the same location
your existing Resource Database will be preserved.

This release includes the first version of MapGuide Web Studio. After
installing try it out by opening this URL:
<http://localhost:8008/mapguide/webstudio>
http://localhost:8008/mapguide/webstudio (default location using the bundled
install).

***************************

I may be missing something fairly obvious, but I can not find any new
feature for the Web Studio. In particular I have no page
<http://localhost/mapguide/webstudio> http://localhost/mapguide/webstudio
(at either port 80 or 8008).

Just to confirm, is this new component a web based tool that will more or
less have the functionality of the desktop program from Adesk called
"Autodesk MapGuide Studio preview"?

Are there any specific instructions I should follow to install this feature?

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Michael Pond, P.Geo.

Robertson GeoConsultants Inc.