[mapguide-users] Re: Access and Mapguide

Andrew DeMerchant andrew.demerchant at gemtec.ca
Thu Aug 3 09:39:02 EDT 2006

Good to hear that you figured that out....not a good solution for my
case though, since my key isn't a number (it's alphanumeric). I still
haven't played with it yet though.....I'm in no rush because as you'll
likely find out, a point layer from an Access database is pretty slow. I
ended up getting fed up with the speed and just made a shape file from
my database and used that. I'm guessing that linking my other data to
that shape file will be re-introducing that poor performance, so that's
why I haven't been really focusing on that just yet.
I can definately verify that doubles work though. That's what mine are,
and I got it working (though, like I said, it's pretty slow for me).
There was a thread on here a few days ago about this....someone was
having problems, and for them, it was because of regional settings in
windows (though, changing the regional settings didn't matter...they had
to edit a file or something to make it work). If you're in North America
though, that shouldn't be the problem.

Andrew

--
	*Andrew DeMerchant*