Access and Mapguide

Jean-François Laflèche arrow22 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 09:44:05 EDT 2006

hey,

Andrew, if your key is alpha numeric, I dont think that should be a
problem.  All it requires is creating a new column with long integer numbers
that increment throughout your list.  this should be easily accomplished by
copy pasting from excel or something.  I haven't tried it without it being
the key, but i don't believe that it would make a difference.

As for creating points, I've managed to figure out what to do, by trial an
error.  What the problem was in fact, was the formating of my table.  It
seems the title of the columns can't have spaces and must be all in capital
letters.  Also, I only managed to make the points show up if X, Y and Z
columns were all present, even if the Z column isnt used.

These small restrictions seem kind of bizare, although I'm not much of a
programmer, so maybe they're quite obvious for most people...  Or maybe it
was all coincidence.

I do have one question about points in general though.  They just seem very
hard to select.  Is there any way to increase the area of effect of the
select button around a point?  Stuff like water valves which show the GPS
coordinates would be easier to find if clicking them made that information
appear.  It's just hard to hit the very middle of the points.

Anyways, just wondering if there exists a solution to this.

Thanks for all your help guys,

JF