[mapguide-users] Error with loading shp in MG studio

Tom Fukushima tom.fukushima at autodesk.com
Fri Aug 4 10:57:31 EDT 2006

Hi Swati,

We noticed a problem with loading SHP files when the .dbf file has
multiple columns with the same name.

One way to check if this is the case is to try to import the .dbf into
Access. In MS Access: 1) create a new blank db, 2) File > Get External
Data > Import..., 3) select the dBase filter in the "Files of type" drop
down, then 4) select your .dbf file and press Import.

An error that states "The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find
the object 'xyz.dbf'.  Make sure the object exists and that you spell
its name and the path name correctly" should come up.

Could you try the above and see if the same thing happens with your .dbf
files?

Thanks
Tom