[mapguide-users] Mapguide OS/Enterprise versus Google maps mashup

swati prabhu swatip at bonair.stanford.edu
Sat Aug 5 14:29:36 EDT 2006

Actually, we would want to use Mapguide if only things were more clearer
and we could be confident about it. (Having been bitten by this
6.5/liteview implementation we are a little weary).
Some students did develop the below beta version of Google maps but we see
potential issues like keeping our data updated, Google's future plans for
their application (considering that we do want to rely on a professional
application on a long term basis) and Google's continuing support unless
we strike an understanding with them.
My question to this forum is how reliable and robust is Mapguide
OS/Enterprise now? It is going to be a significant investment of time and
money that requires solid backing. Autodesk changed its product strategy
abruptly, thus we are being pressured to abandon Mapguide and simply use
this Google maps mashup put together by the students. Just trying to get
some insight from the users and potentially someone from Autodesk itself.

thanks
Swati

I like the Google Map, but there isn't any interaction with the symbols.