FDO provider for ODBC

Bill MacDonald blmacdonald at agri.ns.ca
Wed Aug 23 10:01:23 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am having issues displaying Point (x,y) data from a SQL Server table
on a layer.

I have tried the Autodesk FDO Provider for SQL Server but hadn't been
able to get a geometry to appear when I created the layer.

After that I had tried the OSGeo FDO provider for ODBC and connected to
a SQL Server ODBC connection.  This had given me the option to select my
x & y values and the layer could successfully be created.  The problem
with this is that it is very slow (almost 1 min before the map will load
now as opposed to the 10 seconds it used to take before the new layer
was added).

Does anyone know why the ODBC connection is so slow, or of how I could
use the Autodesk FDO provider for SQL Server instead (I would assume
that I should be using this provider instead of the ODBC anyways)?

Thanks

Billy MacDonald