MySQL and Mapguide Studio

George McLean gmclean at gorge.net
Wed Aug 23 19:19:57 EDT 2006

I am just getting started with MapGuide Studio and am trying to add an
FDO feature source stored in MySQL 5.0.18-nt on WinXP sp2.

I can query the FDO data store through Autodesk Map 2007 so I think that
is OK.

When I am in Mapguide Studio configuring the MySQL connection I get the
following error when I try to browse for a data store:

"No MySQL client installed"

I am using the user 'root' with a password that I know works.

I have moved the libmySQL.dll to C:\Program Files\Autodesk Map 3D
2007\FDO\bin where the FdoMySql.dll resides. I have also added the path
the libmySQL.dll to the PATH environment variable.

Any suggestions on how to make this work?

Thanks

George McLean