[mapguide-users] Publish map from MGStudio

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Dec 13 11:47:29 EST 2006

Hi Sandra,

Your WebLayout is stored in the MapGuide server repository on your "localhost" machine.  If this is a production machine, then that's good; you don't need to do anything special as long as your web server can communicate with it.

The server that you have the MapGuide Web Extensions installed on will need to be internet-facing as well.  If the server you're refering to as "localhost" is not this server, then you will need to install the web extensions on your web server, and point it to your MapGuide server machine.

I would strongly suggest in either case ensuring that MapGuide is accessibly on port 80; many users will not be able to access web services on other ports.

You may also want to do some additional work internally before publishing to the web.  If you want to avoid the username/password prompt and long connect string, you'll want to wrap your web layout in a frameset that sets up a session before loading the WebLayout.

Download the appropriate viewer sample from this page:
https://mapguide.osgeo.org/downloads.html

Within this sample, you have to make a choice of the viewer to use (AJAX or DWF).  Open the appropriate file (for PHP, either ajaxviewersample.php or dwfviewersample.php) and look at how the web layout is loaded from a parent frame.

To make your own application, you can copy the contents of the viewer sample to a new directory and change the appropriate lines in this file to point to your MapDefinition & WebLayout

    $mapDefinition = "Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Maps/Sheboygan.MapDefinition";
    $webLayout = "Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Layouts/SheboyganPhp.WebLayout";

Jason