[mapguide-users] Problems with Mapguide Open Source Web Studio Hekp Guide

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 21:29:36 EST 2006

Chris:

You shouldn't need any special configuration to make use of webstudio:
with a default install it should work as is.

One issue you may be experiencing is a change in how user roles are
handled in version Mapguide 1.1rc1. The Administrator user doesn't
have the Author role and can't complete some of the steps necessary to
build a map (I think this is the case, but I'm not sure). You could
try accessing the Mapguide Site Admin application via Web Studio's
Tools->Site Administrator menu item and creating a user with the
Author role.

Hope this helps.

zak

--