WMS and MapGuide Enterprise 2007 problem

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Sun Jul 9 15:04:57 EDT 2006

Hi,
I got MapGuide Enterprise 2007 installed and running on my development box
yesterday (XP Pro and IIS 5, .NET web extensions) and only ran into a couple
of snags.  I am still re-configuring everything to work with the new version
and the biggest problem I have run into is WMS requests not working.
Whenever a standard WMS request is made (such as
http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?request=GetMap&service=WMS&
layers=Samples/Sheboygan/Layers/Hydrography&srs=EPSG:4326&bbox=-87.74,43.68,
-87.69,43.815&width=500&height=500&format=image/png) I am prompted with a
browser File Download dialog to download mapagent.fcgi.  Actually, the same
thing happens with a non-WMS MapGuide GetMap request.  Thanks to Thomas
Tuerke for providing the HTML page to test this stuff a few days ago.

WMS appears to be configured in Admin and I changed the default server name
of localhost:8008 to localhost (by the way, Autodesk, saving WMS parameters
from Admin does not work in IE 7 beta, I had to use Firefox).  Also, the
layers are properly exposed to WMS via Studio.  The only difference I can
see between this configuration and my older MGOS install on my production
server is that the WMS server name still says (provide your server name),
but it still works.  I am able to successfully get WMS capabilities via
http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SER
VICE=WMS&FORMAT=text/xml and everything looks fine there.  This problem
almost looks like a mime type issue, but I am able to make the same calls to
my older system and it returns an image.

So, any ideas why the request is not returning an image?

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com