[mapguide-users] WMS and MapGuide Enterprise 2007 problem

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Sun Jul 9 21:14:41 EDT 2006

Andy,

Save the result and open it up in a notepad.  The text of the return
may indicate where the problem is. The whole "download" issue is a
side-effect of the OGC decision to specify their own MIME-types (why?
why?! why?!!) for the XML error returns in WMS (instead of just using
text/xml like good puppies).  Your browser sees a MIME-type it
doesn't understand, cannot find a handler for it, and falls back on
the only remaining option, save it to disk.  But it's just a text XML
chunk, I bet, and if your lucky it even describes your error
condition in a helpful way.

Paul