[mapguide-users] The "ideal" MapGuide server?

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Wed Jul 19 12:51:22 EDT 2006

Hi Marcus,

MapGuide doesn't yet compile on 64 bit platforms, so 64 bit is not an
option for now.

The amount of RAM needed would probably depend on how many simultaneous
users you need to support. On a Linux box even 1 gig would work if you
are not loading it up with too many complex requests.
I can also imagine that certain custom written php scripts might
exercise the mapguide API in ways that can use arbitrary amounts of
memory, but that depends on you really. Also, I have seen some raster
layers spike the memory usage significantly, so that's also a factor.

Traian