[mapguide-users] App stops working after a few uses

Andrew DeMerchant andrew.demerchant at gemtec.ca
Mon Jul 24 13:56:43 EDT 2006

If you want to force a service to stop, then try kill.exe (comes with
the resource kit), or pskill.exe (from sysinternals.com)....that will
let you stop a service that's not cooperating....though, in the end,
you'll want to figure out what is causing the problem....

kenny at keniginc.com wrote:

> Not sure if anyone has had to deal with the current issue I am having.
>
> I reboot our server at least 4 times a day.
>
> I do this because after running the map app for about 3 times, it
> stops loading and hangs.
>
> When I try stopping and restarting service, service hangs on
> "stopping" until I reboot the server.
>
> I am very concerned about having to constantly reboot the server,
> especially since we have other apps running on the server.
>
> Is there a way to restart the service or the app without having to
> reboot the server?
>
> My boss is scheduled to do a demo of the os app 3:30pm today and I
> have been testing it just to be sure all is well.
>
> After my last test, now it is hung again.
>
> Please assist.
>
> Thanks

	*Andrew DeMerchant*
*Computer Technologist*