MapGuide Enterprise mysteriously dies
amorsell at spatialgis.com
Wed Jul 26 23:07:11 EDT 2006
I installed MapGuide Enterprise with the .NET web extensions about two weeks
ago on my development machine and got everything re-configured, including
WMS with the newly required Bounds parameter. Well, after being on vacation
and trying to do some stuff with it today, it was mysteriously broken.
Everything I did that would access the web extensions would fail with:
Cannot establish connection. Exception occurred in method
MgServerConnection.Open at line 94 in file
Everything worked OK in MapGuide Admin (PHP based), when running all of the
mapagent tests, and when making WMS calls. Studio would enumerate and
display all resource information. But everything related to rendering a map
or a web layout would fail. I tried to run a repair on the web extensions
and that did not help. I had to uninstall and reinstall the web extensions
in order for the problem to disappear.
We've seen this before with MapGuide Open, and it appears to still be a
problem. I did not install, uninstall, or re-configure anything on this
machine during this time period. The only thing I did was disconnect it
from it's home network and connect to the internet through a hotel internet
connection to check email. Very strange, indeed.
Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mapguide-users