Performance when using SDE for data source

Tim Eisler Tim.Eisler at ci.dublin.ca.us
Thu Jul 27 19:17:41 EDT 2006

Has anyone had success pulling data layers from an SDE database? I'm
using SDE 9.1 on a Windows 2005 Sqlserver installation. I had good
success using the Beta version of the Enterprise server, but not so much
with the final release, or the Open Source release. The latest OS
version 1.0.1 seems better, but it's still slow compared to what I was
seeing with the Beta version, and it's a crawl compared to using
Shapefiles as the data source. I'm wondering if anyone has seen
acceptable performance when pulling data from a spatial database,
including Oracle Spatial.

Tim Eisler

GIS Coordinator - City of Dublin

925-556-4568