MapGuide Open 1.0.1 and WMS problems

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Sun Jul 30 19:54:22 EDT 2006

Hi,
I am having some problems publishing layers via WMS after upgrading to
MapGuide Open 1.0.1.  This problem is similar to those I had recently when I
installed MapGuide Enterprise.  When I issue a WMS request to a given layer,
I get the following error returned:

<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
 <ServiceException code="InternalError">
  The coordinate system conversion failed.
Unsupported coordinate system code.<details>The coordinate system conversion
failed.
Unsupported coordinate system code.
Exception occurred in method
MgCoordinateSystem.ConvertCoordinateSystemCodeToWkt at line 950 in file
c:\build_tux_area\mgdev_opensource\common\service\coordinatesystem\Coordinat
eSystem.cpp
</details>
 </ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

As I had to do with MapGuide Enterprise, I added <BOUNDS SRS="EPSG:4326"
west="-180" south="-90" east="180" north="90" /> to the WMS Bounds parameter
for the layer, but I still continue to get this error.

Any help is appreciated.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com