ECW and Raster Provider

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Sun Jul 30 21:03:47 EDT 2006

I was hoping this problem would go away for me after upgrading to MapGuide
Open 1.0.1, but it continues.  If I try to utilize an ECW image, it locks up
the MapGuide Server service.  I have confirmed this with 3 separate ECW
images.  I have also confirmed that TIF, MrSID and JPG seem to work just
fine so I do not suspect an overall misconfiguration of the raster provider.

This only occurs on my Windows 2000 production server.  My Windows XP
development laptop appears to be OK with ECW's.  I am using the MapGuide
.NET web extensions in both cases.  When this happens, MapGuide will render
the image for the first request (such as viewing the layer in Studio), but
any subsequent requests are not responded to and the service is locked up
until I use pskill and psservice to restart it.

I am open to trying anything (short of switching web extensions flavor) as I
have quite a few ECW's I would like to publish.  Thanks.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com