[mapguide-users] Tooltip Issues in Internet Explorer

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Fri Jun 2 13:30:30 EDT 2006

Hi Alain,
Actually, each of those that you see "flashing" have an image.  When you see
the "No image found" message, that is an image generated on the fly by .NET
if the image for that parcel does not exist on the file system.  MapGuide is
repeatedly calling the external page that generates the image for some
reason.  If you look at one of those flashing parcels in Firefox, you will
see that MapGuide calls the external page once and waits for it to load in
the tooltip.  So, I don't think there is anything I can change on my end in
the tooltip definition, it just looks like a problem with the MapGuide web
surround and the way it handles tooltips with the AJAX viewer in Internet
Explorer.

It really is an inconsistent problem, so I'm glad that you saw it not
working as well.  I just pulled it back up in a new IE browser instance and
it was working fine.

Andy

  _____