[mapguide-users] Web Extension Location

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Jun 5 12:34:34 EDT 2006

I think that initially Autodesk said that installing the web extensions on a different server is a supported configuration, but that it had not been tested as thoroughly as having them on the same server.

I'd imagine that it would be more efficient to have them on the same server, unless you have a load level or corporate deployment policy that requires you to separate them.  For performance, I'd probably look at splitting out some of the back end services (which ones depends on your traffic and map configuration) before putting the web extensions on a different server.

In any case, if you try different configurations, I'd be interested in hearing your results.

Jason