DB_LOCK_DEADLOCK in DB XML component

James Card james.card at calcad.com
Mon Jun 5 14:46:17 EDT 2006

While talking with a client conducting a "phone demo" of our site <URL:
http://demos3.calcad.com/HumboldtFM/ > we both tried to load the same
resource at the same time. The client's map loaded with no problem, but on
our end we received the following error message.

   An exception occurred in DB XML component.
   Error: DB_LOCK_DEADLOCK: Locker killed to resolve a deadlock.

   An exception occurred in DB XML component.
   Error: DB_LOCK_DEADLOCK: Locker killed to resolve a deadlock.
   Exception occurred in method
     MgResourceDefinitionManager.GetDocument at line 492 in
     c:\build_tux_area\mgdev\server\src\services\
     ResourceDefinitionManager.cpp

Reloading the page generated the expected map with no problem, but we'd
rather not be seeing these error messages.

Have other users seen this problem? We've only seen it once but we're
concerned about what happens when the server is heavily loaded.

Would it be possible to silently kill the locker, and then try again after
a brief delay?

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.