OGR FDO Provider
traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Mon Jun 12 12:50:19 EDT 2006
I started work on an FDO provider for OGR. I have posted a preview
This is a Win32 binary, compiled with ODBC and Oracle Spatial (OCI.dll
The source code, so that you can add in support for other data sources
or compile on Linux, is here:
So far I have (successfully) tested the following data sources:
* MapInfo files
* Oracle Spatial
* ESRI personal geodatabase (.mdb, via the ODBC driver)
The functionality gaps are:
* You can only read (no insert/update/delete).
* No support for Intersects spatial query, needed for feature selection
when using the AJAX viewer (I hope to have this working soon). Envelope
query works though.
* Coordinate systems are not always recognized by MapGuide, requiring
some dancing around with the map setup to get the map to display.
* When connecting to Oracle, you may see a '~' instead of a '.' in the
names of some of your tables when shown in Studio. Don't worry about
that, it's fine.
The posted build may be unstable and/or not working for your particular
data -- it has 2 days of development in it so far.
Please refer to the README.txt, available in boths zips, for
installation, compile and usage instructions.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mapguide-users