OGR FDO Provider

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Mon Jun 12 12:50:19 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I started work on an FDO provider for OGR. I have posted a preview
binary under:

https://mapguide.osgeo.org/files/documents/12/163/OGRProvider_bin_win32.
zip

This is a Win32 binary, compiled with ODBC and Oracle Spatial (OCI.dll
required) support.
The source code, so that you can add in support for other data sources
or compile on Linux, is here:

https://mapguide.osgeo.org/files/documents/12/164/OGRProvider_src.zip

So far I have (successfully) tested the following data sources:

* SHP
* MapInfo files
* Oracle Spatial
* ESRI personal geodatabase (.mdb, via the ODBC driver)

The functionality gaps are:

* You can only read (no insert/update/delete).
* No support for Intersects spatial query, needed for feature selection
when using the AJAX viewer (I hope to have this working soon). Envelope
query works though.
* Coordinate systems are not always recognized by MapGuide, requiring
some dancing around with the map setup to get the map to display.
* When connecting to Oracle, you may see a '~' instead of a '.' in the
names of some of your tables when shown in Studio. Don't worry about
that, it's fine.

The posted build may be unstable and/or not working for your particular
data -- it has 2 days of development in it so far.

Please refer to the README.txt, available in boths zips, for
installation, compile and usage instructions.

Traian