[mapguide-users] Pulling up Database resouces in Studio

Butler, Juan P jpbutler at co.pinellas.fl.us
Tue Jun 20 15:17:54 EDT 2006

Dave:

The Access database is located on the server and I'm logging into the
server from my client machine via Studio.  It's painfully slow at times.
It seems to struggle with the databases that contain the most
information.   Smaller databases are fine.   It's not just databases
either.   It's an inconsistent manner in which it pulls up the layers,
symbols, etc.   Sometimes it's a quick process and other times I sit and
wonder if the program will respond back.    I would love to use Oracle
as the datasource, but that performance is worse.  In most cases, it
won't respond back and Studio shuts down.

I know this is still in Beta, just passing along my observations and
experiences.

Juan Butler - Senior Programmer/Analyst
GIS Applications
Pinellas County Information Systems