[mapguide-users] Get style color in Studio?

Ben Trumbore ben.trumbore at autodesk.com
Fri Mar 10 11:50:26 EST 2006

See comments below.

            Ben

  _____

From: Andy Morsell [mailto:amorsell at spatialgis.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:03 PM
To: users at mapguide.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapguide-users] Get style color in Studio?

Since I moved to 1.0, I've been rebuilding all of my maps today, so am
already a little grumpy to have to go through the tedium of creating a
bunch of thematic layers over again.  Autodesk, can you assure us that
this is the only time we will have to rebuild our maps from scratch due
to repository structure changes?

[Ben Trumbore] It is unfortunate that users of the Preview version were
not warned of the strong possibility that the feature source, layer and
map resource schemas would change.  These changes were necessary to add
functionality, fix defects and coordinate data formats with other
software.  Those schemas have been stable for some time now, and there
is no expectation that they will change before the release of MapGuide
Enterprise.  However, I am not personally in a position to "assure" you
of this.  As mentioned in another post, migration assistance will be
provided if the schemas change after the initial Enterprise release.

I have several layers that share the same custom color either for line
color or for label ghosting.  I picked it from the RGB chart and added
it to the custom color palette.  Well, Studio crashed on me and the
custom palette is empty now.  Is there a way to find out what color a
line (or whatever) has?  If you click on style for that definition, then
go to the color pull-down, it shows the custom color there, but going to
More Colors to show the RGB palette displays the palette defaulted to
0,0,0.

[Ben Trumbore] Thank you for pointing out this shortcoming.  We will
investigate alternatives for displaying symbolization RGB values in the
MapGuide Studio UI.

You can see the color values in your symbolizations by selecting
File->Save as Xml... to save a layer to a file.  In that file you should
be able to locate the color definitions, which are eight character
hexadecimal ARGB strings.

Thanks for any help.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.