Problems Loading Data

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Fri Mar 10 14:24:34 EST 2006

I am having a problem loading a particular Shape file onto the server.  It
loads fine if I do not have Convert to SDF Feature Source checked.  However,
due to the very poor performance I am seeing with Shape files, I am finding
it necessary to convert everything to SDF at load time.  When I try to
execute this load procedure in Studio, I get an error message of: "Operation
is not valid due to the current state of the object".  I have tried closing
Studio, restarting the MapGuide service, saving it as a package, etc., but
nothing helps.  The error pops up almost immediately after pressing the Load
Resources button.   This is a point shape file of county ownership
information.  The DBF file is about 70 MB.  I can supply this Shape file to
Autodesk if needed.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com