[mapguide-users] Database connections in MapGuide Studio

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Mar 13 17:24:11 EST 2006

Not yet.

Apparently the official word is "soon" (Autodesk folks don't like talking about dates) so I'm hoping over the next couple months we'll see the ODBC provider, as well as some other FDO providers.

Regarding your question:

We want to move our MG 6.5 maps to MapGuide Open-source. The maps are of cemeteries. Each grave/plot in a cemetery is attributed with a unique key that we use to lookup data of the deceased in a MS SQL server database. The actual maps converted fine without any problems, but without a way to connect to (any) database, we can't associate deceased data to graves/plots.

Are you wanting to theme the plots, or create mouseover text?  If not, just hyperlink the plots to a report that opens in the task window.  That report can be a PHP/ASP.Net/Java page that takes the ID as an argument and does a lookup against MSSQL for the results using language-specific mechanisms rather than MapGuide.

Jason