AW: [mapguide-users] Autodesk.raster

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 14 13:06:33 EST 2006

Thomas Grosser wrote:
> Dear Marie-Claire,
>
> Autodesk told me a few weeks before that raster formats won´t be supported in Version 1 - they told me that it will take a few weeks or month ... see original answer:
>
> "Thomas,
>
> I expect that MapGuide open source 1.0 will be posted and available in 1 or 2 weeks.
>
> I don't think raster support will be available for a while (perhaps several weeks or month.
>
> Bill"
>
> I think we must live without raster features for some time ! But I think in this discussion list someone talks about an other solution. When I find this I will send it to you.

Thomas / Marie-Claire,

If there is sufficient interest, and if Autodesk doesn't mind, I could
look at providing the GDAL raster provider for use testing.  It would
take me at least a week or two to get it in shape with the latest code
base and it is far from complete.

To be honest, I have only tested it with FDO level API clients so far,
so I need a bit of time to try it out in the context of MapGuide.

This would likely be pretty fiddly work, but a chance for users and
developers to collaberate to accelerate development!

Work on the GDAL FDO provider has temporarily stalled while I wait for
Autodesk technical resources to free up for reviewing and testing what
I have done.

Best regards,