[mapguide-users] SDF load problems

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Wed Mar 22 18:43:20 EST 2006

I haven't tried it.  I'm sure it would work fine, but it seems like an awful
lot of work to take a Shape file and copy it from one network location to
another (the repository)......... And what about those 1 GB Shape files?
It's a lot of package and data shuffling to keep your repository data in
synch with the source data.  I would like to be able to point the repository
location to reference the source data in my chosen network location.  Sort
of like MapGuide 6.5 UDL files, but you could still retain the managed data
aspect.

In the case of converting your source to SDF+, some of us would rather use
FME scripts to update the SDF files in the repository.  This would be OK if
there was an easy way to know where in the repository that feature source is
created when it is initially defined.

Andy

  _____