[mapguide-users] IIS Configuration of Mapguide OS - testing web server extensions fails

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue May 2 11:47:10 EDT 2006

Hi Chris,

404 errors are annoying because they're Microsoft's catch-all.  It's
better for security, but harder to troubleshoot.

The first thing you should do is make sure that the file is not actually
missing and that you have the correct URL.  Navigate to that file in IIS
Admin right-click and choose "Browse".

If that works, make sure that extended logging is configured for IIS,
and check the subcode and any system errors that may be causing the 404.
This page has a good explanation on how to troubleshoot 404s:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/I
IS/0f4ac79a-dc2b-4a5f-89c1-d57266aa6ffe.mspx?mfr=true

Some possibilities include ASP.NET 2.0 not being allowed in Web Service
Extensions, ASP.NET has being enabled for that web server, or the .aspx
extension not being correctly associated with the aspnet.isapi.dll file.

Jason

From: Chris White [mailto:chris.white at keytraffic.com]
Subject: [mapguide-users] IIS Configuration of Mapguide OS - testing web
server extensions fails

I'm attempting to install MapGuide OS on Windows 2003 Server IIS 6. I
have followed the instructions in the 'Installing and Configuring on
Windows' document and the Map Agent test and Site Administrator test
both are fine. However when I attempt the web server extension test with
the following url: